Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

My day at the Renaissance Faire

Saturday, May 11th was a great day to attend my very first Renaissance Faire. My daughter, Chrystal, and her friend invited me, and my grandson wanted to go with us. I talked my daughter into dressing up since I thought it would be fun! But...it was HOT! Yeah, first hot day of the year. We lived for the moments we could find shade - or a breeze.

So here are some pictures for your viewing entertainment. I'm exhausted now, so I'm not going to do anything for the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow. (grins)

Real swords!



I liked his name - Hawke. :)

I even bowed to Her Majesty - the Queen! I probably embarrassed my grandson


My daughter and Xavier

Lady was playing a harp. So beautiful!

This is the frog prince and Chrystal was trying to see if she could change him into Prince Charming...
DIDN'T HAPPEN!!


Xavier just wanted to be in the picture frame. lol

Kid ship - he loved that!

 
 A kid's cruise... lol
They were just two people who'd come to the fair, but I loved their
costumes. I'm glad they let me take a pic of them! Doesn't he
look like Prince Charming?

Horsey ride!
Chrystal...she must have been very bad!
Xavier didn't quite fit
And these next three pics my hubby is going to get framed, I just know it!
HELP! I can't get out!!
 
 
Okay, so that was my day - all 3 hours of it. I look forward to going next year! Who wants to come with me? Maybe we'll get to see the jousting tournament then since we missed it this year.

2 comments:

Brenda J Weaver said...

Wow I just love the Renaissance Faire! Hubby and I tried to go every year...we have costumes we always wear...love the jousting..knights in shinning armour and all that lol...glad you had such a great time :)
Brenda

Ella Quinn - Romance Novelist said...

We had a lot of them in Europe, and I loved going. I'm glad you had so much fun!!! Happy Mother's Day, Marie! Tweeted.