Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Welcome Alicia Dean

I'm excited to have an author on my blog that I've not had before. Everyone, this is Alicia Dean. Alicia...this is everyone.



1.        Tell us how your writing career got started.

I’ve wanted to write for as long as I can recall. I wrote my first romance at age ten. I wrote a lot as a teen but in my early adulthood, I married and had three children and put my writing aside. In 2001, I took a class with Mel Odom, a successful writer/teacher and my desire and ambition for writing was refueled. I sold my first book in 2006.
2.        What genre(s) to write, and why?

My favorite genre to read or write is suspense. I find it exciting and the adrenalin from the tension keeps my interest. Plus, I’m way too interested in murder. It’s not healthy. J

3.      What inspired your latest book?

I was invited to participate in an anthology with 5 other authors. All of the stories were to be set in Africa, which I knew nothing about. The premise was inspired by the television show Drop Dead Diva. (It ended a while back, but I only recently watched the series) 

4.      Tell us about your upcoming release.

 Dying to Love You is a short romance with paranormal elements. Even though suspense is my first love, sometimes a story in a different genre comes to me, and I go with it. As I said, I got the idea, loosely, from Drop Dead Diva. My story is about a woman who has died a handful of times. She should have been sent to purgatory the first time, because never in her life has she done anything selfless. However, no one has ever loved her, so rather than being immediately sent to purgatory, she is offered chances to redeem herself by performing a selfless deed and finding someone to love her.  So far, she has failed. Each time, she lives a new ‘life’ and, in this latest life, she is to be a safari guide in the Serengeti.

5.      What will your next project be?

I am currently working to finish Perilous, a novella in a Martini Club 4 series with three of my close author friends. We published a 1920s novella in the series two years ago, and now we are writing the next, which is set in the 1940s and is about the offspring of our 20s characters. Then, I’ll be writing a proposal for a request from Amazon’s Thomas & Mercer line, a suspense novel that will be the first in a series.


6.      Where can readers find you?

Everywhere!! J Specifically…

 *** Sign up for my email list where you’ll receive no more than two emails per month, and one will be when you receive the Novel Notes Newsletter, a multi-author newsletter where we give away a $25 gift card each month: http://aliciadean.us14.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=f9c8c221a4835a2e758fdcea6&id=1d2610c888









Escape to Africa Anthology – Available for pre-order ONLY 99 cents!


Let your wild side free and Escape to Africa! Come along on an adventure through these 6 stories brought to you by 6 best-selling/award-winning authors. 

You’ll uncover tales of an undercover operative in Casablanca, a safari guide in the Serengeti, students on holiday in Morocco, time-traveling agents in Tripoli, vengeance in Algeria, and deadly secrets in Carthage. Each of these stories will captivate you with love, danger, intrigue, and excitement. What better way to Escape?


Amazon Pre-Order Link



12 comments:

Alicia Dean said...

Thank you for hosting me on your beautiful blog!!

Marissa Garner said...

Great interview. What a fascinating premise for your story! Can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia. Really enjoyed your interview. Wishing you tons of sales for your Africa Anthology. Best, Anni xx

Maureen said...

Good luck with your release- it looks like a great read and a way to discover new authors.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Sorry I'm late to the party Alicia....great interview!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Jenny Twist said...

I had the privilege of reading 'Dying to Love You' in advance and I can recommend it. Great interview, Alicia.

Leah St. James said...

Can't wait for the book to release! Looking forward to reading it. I'm also looking forward to catching up on the Martini Club characters (or their offspring). :-)

Susan Coryell said...

Nice interview! I have read several Alicia Dean books and must say I am impressed with her ability to shift genres smoothly and successfully. Best wishes for continued success!

Alicia Dean said...

thanks so much, everyone! I'm very proud to be a part of this anthology and can't wait for its release!

Darcy Flynn said...

I always enjoying hearing how an author gets started in the business. Nice interview, ladies.

Monique DeVere said...

As usual, I'm late to the party...like after it's finished and everyone has gone home! :) Hi, Alicia, great interview. Now I'm wondering what will happen after the heroine finds love. Congrats on the new release and looking forward to the new Martini Club 4 book!

Hi, Marie!!! :) :)

ed pills said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!