Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

What do you think?

I know I have a fantastic cover design artist who makes my book covers, so naturally, everything she does is PERFECT for me. So I'm going to let my readers decide this time. What do you think of my new book cover? Is there something you don't like about it? Don't be shy...let me know. I will consider all opinions, I promise.

This story only has three chapters written, but it's a Christian historical that takes place in New York in the late Victoria era.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you know I'm totally honest with you, always!

I don't like this couple. She looks like a 13 with makeup (too baby faced), and he's just too well shaven. I'm not saying they're not handsome models, but they do nothing for me. There should be more maturity to the heroine, and a bit more rough to the hero--not scraggly, but not the air-brushed perfect face. IMO, they look like kids dressed for a jr. high play.

Okay, that's my opinion on this one. I buy your books because I know your work, but this cover just wouldn't grab my attention, if I hadn't heard of you as an author. The cover is the first thing that gets my attention, and it doesn't have to be a bodice ripper, but it needs to not look like a young teen romance.

Hope that helps!

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

It looks like he's looking at her chest. I agree about how the ages look too far apart. I would also choose costumes that look more rugged and time specific.

I'm so excited to see you writing another book! I just love your stories!!