Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas without the grandkids

I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to Christmas morning this year. This will be the first year we won't have excited faces on Christmas morning.

My youngest daughter and her two children, Xavier (4 yrs old) and Gracelyn (2 yrs old) have lived with us since they were born. It's be fun seeing their beautiful faces light up when they open their gifts from Santa.

Well, this year they live in their own place, and as a small family, they will spend it the three of them opening presents - without Grandma and Grandpa. (sobs) My daughter told us we could come over and watch them, but we won't. I remember what it was like when my family was small. Hubby and I wanted our special time with the kids before the rest of the family came over - or we went to their house. So we will give my daugther, Heather, and the kids their space.

Last night we took Heather and the kids to Willard Bay to see "Fantasy By The Bay" - which is a park filled with Christmas lights. It was wonderful to hear the grandkids ooh, and ahhh over the lights as we drove through the park. There was even a place to visit Santa...although my daughter and I noticed he needs to gain some weight before Christmas. lol


















Christmas Eve we will have the kids over and we'll all get to build a Gingerbread House!  I can hardly wait!!

~Marie~

No comments: